Attracting talent today is probably the most difficult hurdle that faces many of the worlds fastest growth regions. India, Japan and Australia have some of the highest reported figures with over 1 in 2 companies saying that the lack of access to talent for their critical roles is slowing their rate of growth or reducing their capacity to service customers successfully.
The questions below are a guide to help reflect on what your business is currently doing (Or not doing) to maximize your potential to attract talent.
- Do you know what currently attracts or detracts people to or away from your company?
- Do you know what your candidates priorities are and is your business aligning itself to these to be attractive?
- Have you identified the need for multiple talent access strategies internally & externally? If your organisation depends on sustainable access to hard to find talent this is critical to de-risk hiring milestones.
– Market mapping for talent, know your competitors and their top talent
– Sourcing locally and internationally
– Graduate and mature intakes
– Talent pool management ( nurturing high performers with messaging about your brand that are not ready to join you now)
– Performance manage for talent and development
– Career life cycle planning
- Flexible approach to skills transfer and development across industries and specific job knowledge
- Attain information from your applicants at interview regarding why they ultimately say "Yes" or "No"
- How does your manager’s behavior affect the attraction of high caliber candidates ?
- Does your organisation have a PR or Social strategy that is appealing?
- Do you need to develop your image/brand and promote the wider industry itself? If so, where will you find your target audience and what will be the most effective medium to use for communication?
- Do you have VALID talent identification and assessment strategies for YOUR business or are you following status quo ?
For more info or a discussion on Talent Attraction, feel free to contact us at email@example.com